Check your air conditioning unit every summer for efficiency to beat the heat. There are State and Federal financial incentives such as renewable energy tax credits, special loans, and net metering if your system needs updating. Here are some helpful programs:
- Tax Credit for Solar and Wind
- Home Energy Loan Program “HELP”
- Louisiana Net Metering
Hiring a historic window specialist to glaze windows and secure their surround will help to sustain their longevity and efficiency.
- Don’t remove original windows, just repair existing ones!
Your house will expand or swell in the summer, just like everything else in the South. Harsh weather conditions will take effect, so make sure you plan according to make repairs to the masonry, brick, wood, or any other façade material after the peak of summer.
- Do any repair work toward the fall months after the severity of expansion has subsided.
- Spend summer months researching historic building specialists in anticipation of repairs. This is a great time to shop reviews and get quotes.
7/21/2017 08:53:48 am
Great stuff Peter...hope the weekend goes well. Love you.
1/19/2021 08:58:17 pm
Thank you for the feedback! So glad you enjoyed the information.
5/2/2021 12:27:29 am
Lovely post, thanks for posting.
Leave a Reply.
See Press for more News!